Show your support by adding your name below.
We are Jews who care about Israel, whose identities are bound up with Israel.
We want Israel to flourish as a homeland for the Jewish people and a democratic state that seeks to “ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants.” – as stated in Israel’s Declaration of Independence.
Our community often finds itself defending Israel from external attacks. But now, more than ever before, the threat comes from within. We cannot be silent as Israel’s new government seeks to:
- Undermine the rule of law and curtail human rights
- Limit the freedom of the press
- Remove legal protections for minorities including LGBTQ people, migrant workers, and asylum seekers
- Claim the Jewish people have exclusive rights to all the Land of Israel and the West Bank
- Prevent the viability of a future two state solution
- Rescind the legal status of non-Orthodox conversions undertaken in Israel, meaning these conversions cannot be used to obtain Israeli citizenship.
- Deny those who have a Jewish grandparent but are not ‘halachically Jewish’ refuge in Israel
- Erode religious freedom, pluralism, and freedom of choice
- Endanger women and place restrictions on women’s role in public life
We have a choice.
We either remain silent or stand in solidarity with those across Israel fighting for democracy.
We choose to stand on the side of Israelis protesting against an extremist government.